Now Recruiting for the 2016/17 School Year
We asked students "How have you changed since you had a mentor?" and they said:
• "I am going to class more."
• "I get into less trouble than before."
• "I pay more attention in class."
• "I opened up and was able to share more than I thought."
• "It made me believe in myself rather than put myself down."
• "It made me want a good life...college and family like my mentor has."
AMP! originated in 2006 and operates in Henderson Middle School in Richmond's Northside neighborhood. We recruit, train, and support adult mentors in one-to-one mentoring with middle school students and provide career exploration visits to workplaces in the Richmond Region. AMP! mentors meet with students on Tuesdays at lunch (12:15-1pm) during Fall and Spring semesters.
Our mission and vision are simple. AMP!'s mission is to connect students and mentors through school-based mentoring to amplify perspectives on what can be. Our goal is to create self-confidence, stimulate learning, and encourage career discovery for middle school youths in the Richmond Region. Our vision is a Richmond Region where all youth believe they can achieve.
Our goal is 35 Mentors!
We are at 86% of our goal.
Help us get to 100%.
Tim Grimes spends some time with his mentee outside.
Cassie Price helps her mentee with reading.